What West Hartford Family Dentistry is doing to keep you and our team safe!
We are excited to have the opportunity to welcome you back! West Hartford Family Dentistry has always utilized personal protective equipment (PPE) and infection control measures that have exceeded all the CDC guidelines, however, in light of the COVID-19 pandemic we have instituted additional guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety.
We have trained and educated our team regarding COVID-19 and have enhanced some of our office protocols to ensure the highest level of safety and health. You will see many changes, as we have new ways of scheduling your appointments and managing your insurance and financial transactions. First, you will be contacted 24-48 hours prior to your appointment via phone, text or email and asked a set of health-related questions.
As always we will continue to:
- Disinfect all surfaces in the dental operatories, such as the dental chair, dental light, drawer handles and counter-tops, with medical grade disinfectants that kill 99.9% of all harmful bacteria and viruses.
- Use disposable protective coverings on high contact areas of our equipment which are disposed of and replaced after each patient visit.
- Sterilize non-disposable items such as dental tools and instruments between patients using hospital grade sterilization equipment. Our sterilization equipment is monitored and tested on a regular basis.
- Use appropriate protective equipment such as gloves, masks, gowns and eye-wear. This is called PPE or “Personal Protective Equipment” and this protects both the patient and the treatment team.
- Disinfect our hands in between every patient interaction, before putting on a new pair of gloves and mask.
What to expect at your next visit:
- Please arrive 5 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time.
- We ask that only the scheduled patient (or one parent if the patient is a minor) come into the office for their appointment.
- A mask or cloth face covering is required by ALL patients and companions upon entering the building, in accordance with the CDC’s recommendation.
- Your temperature will be taken with a thermal touchless thermometer. If your temperature is over 100 degrees Fahrenheit, we will ask you to reschedule your visit for beyond 14 days later.
We ask that you please be patient with our scheduling coordinators, as we balance the continuation of patient treatment while ensuring everyone’s safety and health. We appreciate your cooperation and your understanding.
West Hartford Family Dentistry
• COVID-19 - Pandemic Dental Treatment - Notice and Acknowledgement of Risk (Download PDF)