What West Hartford Family Dentistry is doing to keep you and our team safe!
We are excited to have the opportunity to welcome you back! West Hartford Family Dentistry has always utilized personal protective equipment (PPE) and infection control measures that have exceeded all the CDC guidelines, however, in light of the COVID-19 pandemic we have instituted additional guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety.
We have trained and educated our team regarding COVID-19 and have enhanced some of our office protocols to ensure the highest level of safety and health. You will see many changes, as we have new ways of scheduling your appointments and managing your insurance and financial transactions. First, you will be contacted 48-72 hours prior to your appointment via phone, text or email and asked a set of health-related questions.
As always we will continue to:
- Disinfect all surfaces in the dental operatories, such as the dental chair, dental light, drawer handles and counter-tops, with medical grade disinfectants that kill 99.9% of all harmful bacteria and viruses.
- Use disposable protective coverings on high contact areas of our equipment which are disposed of and replaced after each patient visit.
- Sterilize non-disposable items such as dental tools and instruments between patients using hospital grade sterilization equipment. Our sterilization equipment is monitored and tested on a regular basis.
- Use appropriate protective equipment such as gloves, masks, gowns and eye-wear. This is called PPE or “Personal Protective Equipment” and this protects both the patient and the treatment team.
- Disinfect our hands in between every patient interaction, before putting on a new pair of gloves and mask.
What to expect at your next visit:
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please stay in your car. Please call us upon arrival and a staff member will advise you on how to proceed.
- We ask that only the scheduled patient (or one parent if the patient is a minor) come into the office for their appointment.
- A mask or cloth face covering is required by ALL patients and companions upon entering the building, in accordance with the CDC’s recommendation.
- We will take your temperature with a touch-less thermometer, anyone with a temperature greater than 100 degrees Fahrenheit will need to be rescheduled for at least 14 days out. We are taking daily temperatures of all members of our staff during this time as well.
- We will not use the cavitron (ultrasonic scaler) or polish teeth during routine hygiene visits. This is designed to help limit everyone’s exposure to aerosol spray within our office.
- There will be a COVID-19 management fee of $10 for each appointment that is not covered by your insurance.
- The patient restroom will be closed, so please prepare before your arrival.
We ask that you please be patient with our scheduling coordinators, as we balance the continuation of patient treatment while ensuring everyone’s safety and health. We appreciate your cooperation and your understanding.
West Hartford Family Dentistry
• COVID-19 - Pandemic Patient Disclosures (Download PDF)
• COVID-19 - Pandemic Dental Treatment - Notice and Acknowledgement of Risk (Download PDF)